It means you have just started college life. You’ve just entered a whole new world, one full of fun and freedom. As well as discovering your passions and strengths, college is a great place to meet new people and have fun.
Are you looking for the best college dorm party ever? Don’t know how to do it? We’re going to show you how to throw the perfect College Dorm Party, complete with food ideas, decorations, games, and music!
What type of college dorm party do you want?
You first need to decide what type of party you are going to have. If you’re planning an outdoor party, will it be indoors or outdoors? You should already be aware of these things.
The college dorm party is always a great opportunity for new students to meet other college students and make new friends. You can party with your friends all day long, which is one of the most precious memories of youth. Consider making some meaningful souvenirs for your friends who attend, like challenge custom coins, they will appreciate your thoughtfulness! And the pictures and words on this coin will keep your memories fresh forever.
What’s Allowed At a College Dorm Party?
Planning a dorm party requires following certain rules and guidelines. You should first get your roommates’ permission to host a party. Do not forget to invite your neighbors, so they can enjoy the fun as well. Please be aware of their schedules as well, so you do not disturb them if they cannot make it.
You should also inform your RA of your plans ahead of time so they do not shut it down before it begins. Decide whether you want a small and intimate party or a big party with a lot of people? Before planning the next steps, make sure to decide all of these things first.
Lastly, make sure you’re familiar with all dorm policies before you begin, so you don’t run into any problems. The last thing you want is your precious items to get broken or stolen before the guests arrive. Also, hide your valuables before the guests arrive – you don’t want them to get stolen or broken.
Make a List of Your Ideas Before Having a College Dorm Party:
Planning begins with this step. For your college dorm party, you’ll need a list of ideas, a list of things to do before and after the party. Are there any other tasks that need to be completed during this time? You should also write that down!
1. You should consider everyone’s opinion when planning a college dorm party:
Taking everyone’s opinions into account is crucial when hosting a college dorm party. No matter what the theme is or where the food will come from, everyone needs to have their voice heard. Make sure everyone is enjoying themselves and doesn’t feel left out so they don’t feel left out or ignored. Be sure to ask them what they think of everything before making any decisions if you want your party to run smoothly!
2. Get on the good side of your RA’s:
You should consult your RA before throwing a wild party, regardless of how tempting it may be. Asking for permission is the easiest way to gain their favor. If you need help, you can even ask! Keep in mind that your RA is there for a reason, so respect them by following the rules.
3. Don’t forget to tell your neighbors:
The more notice you give your neighbors, the better, especially if you plan a big party. Neither the noise nor the traffic should surprise them-and they might even wish to be invited. You might want to consider offering your neighbors food or drinks in exchange for their efforts when it’s time to invite them over. Consider offering some free drinks to people who come through your door first if you’re having an open bar at your party.
4. Keep your valuables away:
If you have valuables lying around, put them away. Included in this are any food items you may have brought with you (unless they were specifically intended for sharing). The open space in your room also includes alcohol and any other items that might be tempted to be swiped. If guests ask nicely, you can share what’s yours, but be aware that leaving things out on tables and counters where everyone can see them may make it too convenient for them.
Any valuables should be put away where no one will think to look for them when they enter the room. Alternatively, you can hide some items inside bookshelves or closets if you don’t have enough drawer space. In an emergency situation, such as a fire evacuation that requires leaving quickly with no time to pack up, they can still be accessible if needed!
5. The number of people who attended the event before hosting the college dorm party is:
You can plan out logistics such as these more efficiently if you know your guest list ahead of time. Keeping track of your activities can be done with an Excel spreadsheet or even just with pen and paper. You need to consider many factors, including the available space, how much food and beer you’ll need, and what games and decorations you’ll provide.
6. College Dorm Room Party Themes Ideas:
Whether the party is night or day, having a theme is the key to any great party. No matter what you do, the party will be memorable whether it’s creative or simple. Each room in your dorm can have a different theme, or there can be one overarching theme.
You can think about some of these room themes:
- A TV show or movie you enjoy watching
- Seasons such as Winter Wonderland and Back to School Bash.
- A specific song like “Let’s Get Ready To Rumble!”.
7. Gifts for the party should be prepared:
Preparing personalized gifts for each guest at the college dorm party will make the party more memorable and creative. The best way to get enamel pins is to order them online. Make sure the pins match the party theme and name them after the guests. This is sure to impress your guests. In addition to wearing it at the party, they can take it home as a souvenir.
8. Ideas for College Party Food and Drinks:
Make sure that the food and drinks you provide are enough for everyone attending. A variety of snacks is always a good idea so that everyone can choose something they like, whether it’s sweet, salty, healthy, or indulgent. Try to avoid serving anything liquid as the mess will spread all over the floor. Make sure you include pizza on your menu as well, since everyone loves it.
When you buy plastic cups in bulk from Amazon or elsewhere online, you have enough for everyone who comes along. These special guests won’t be able to enjoy their beverages otherwise!
Do you have any ideas for college dorm party games?
The games at a college dorm party are a very important part of the event. Besides giving everyone a chance to have more fun, they also provide some competition. It is best to play games that are fun and interactive, easy to set up and clean up, easy to play with large groups of people, as well as with small groups.
Create a playlist on Spotify:
The right music is essential if you’re planning to host a party. Depending on your playlist, your party experience can be made or broken. You can create a killer Spotify playlist by following these tips:
- You don’t want your playlist to offend anyone, so make sure there are no explicit lyrics.
- Pick songs that will get people dancing and are appropriate for your theme! Make two or three playlists based on different themes so people can choose their favorites.
- You can also incorporate songs from different genres if this isn’t possible. You should make it fun and upbeat!
- Making sure everyone knows all the lyrics before they arrive at your dorm room door is the most important part of this process.
The best games and activities for a dorm party:
Organize a successful college dorm party with these tips. These are a few of our favorites:
- Beer pong is a classic game that can be easily set up. A couple of tables and some plastic or paper cups are all you need. Two chairs can even be used as stands for each side of the table if you want to make your own table.
- Try playing it with ping pong balls instead to make it more interesting! It allows everyone to play simultaneously without having to wait for their turn with the ball. Rather than yelling “pong!”, players should shout “ping!”. You’ll enjoy it just as much as beer pong but at a faster pace!
- You could also get some LED glow sticks from Amazon and use them as drinking markers on those nights when you cannot get back on campus after 10 pm…or if you’re too drunk to remember your address. Drink markers are also less likely to tip over–and nobody wants spilled drinks when there are still plenty of drinks left!
You can also play the game of spinning the bottle:
- Spin the Bottle’s rules and variations should be discussed before you begin. Having a limit on how many people can play at once is also a good idea.
- There is a limit to how long a game can take, and the more players there are, the longer it will take because each person must spin once before kissing someone else (or not).
- To make this, you’ll need two sturdy glasses or bottles filled with water (empty soda bottles are great) and some sort of flavoring like juice or Kool-Aid. Holding the rope in one hand while spinning the bottle with the other helps to maintain balance and prevent accidents.
Tapestry of the Sideshow:
Dorm rooms can be decorated with a Shitshow Tapestry. These are easy to make and can be used as a wall hanging or a tablecloth. Bringing a piece of home with you to college is also a fun way to stay connected.
- Collect old clothes that are no longer wearable or have holes in them, but still have sentimental value.
- If you want your tapestry to be large, cut the fabric into squares 8-10 inches wide (you may need more than one person for this).
- You don’t have to worry about being neat since no one will see your work! Start by laying out your pieces on the floor and sewing them together using simple knots. It’s okay if there are some loose ends once all of the pieces have been sewn together into one big piece!
We hope you have learned a lot from this blog which will help you in having your first college dorm party. It’s sure to be a great time with a little planning and the right attitude! You should try not to lose your room key and clean up afterward.
I hope that you have gained some useful tips from this article. Thank you for reading it. If you have more college dorm parties ideas then you can comment.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings